Author Topic: PhotoMechanic 4.6.9 and OSX 10.9.2 - Slow when Switching Applications  (Read 1772 times)

Offline dustinhasty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
We recently upgraded from a MacPro to a 14.2 iMac with fusion drive and 16GB ram.  When going to a different app, then switching back to PM 4.6.9, we are unable to control PM for 25-30 seconds.  I am also seeing a 10-15 second delay when trying to check mark the photos.

The photos are stored on a Cifs/SMB share on a NAS.  This is the same response even if the file is local.  File size also does not impact this.
No AV currently running on the system.

I realize that 4.6.9 is older, but I'm nervous about upgrading, as I see people reporting the same issues with 5.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PhotoMechanic 4.6.9 and OSX 10.9.2 - Slow when Switching Applications
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 01:32:27 PM »
We recently upgraded from a MacPro to a 14.2 iMac with fusion drive and 16GB ram.  When going to a different app, then switching back to PM 4.6.9, we are unable to control PM for 25-30 seconds.  I am also seeing a 10-15 second delay when trying to check mark the photos.

The photos are stored on a Cifs/SMB share on a NAS.  This is the same response even if the file is local.  File size also does not impact this.
No AV currently running on the system.

I realize that 4.6.9 is older, but I'm nervous about upgrading, as I see people reporting the same issues with 5.

You can try version 5 for free for 30 days.  If it is slow on your system, please let me know.

-Kirk

Offline dustinhasty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 01:45:27 PM »
If it doesn't work and we need to remove it, what are the consequences of doing that?  Will we need to re-install 4.6.9?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »
Just move the app to the Trash.  There should be no side-effects and the two versions can be installed simultaneously.  Just don't run them both at the same time though.

-Kirk