Author Topic: PM crashs after moving a folder  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Armin M. Küstenbrück

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM crashs after moving a folder
« on: June 12, 2014, 02:36:15 AM »
Hi,
since some weeks / months, when I move or rename a folder, which was used at my last PM session, my PM crashs every time after round about 1 minute running, when I open it again. I can reproduce this as long I do not shut down PM in a normal way. Could you check it, pls?
Thanks in advance!
Armin

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:55:21 AM by Coasty »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM crashs after moving a folder
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 06:31:23 AM »
Armin,

since some weeks / months, when I move or rename a folder, which was used at my last PM session, my PM crashs every time after round about 1 minute running, when I open it again. I can reproduce this as long I do not shut down PM in a normal way. Could you check it, pls?

What version of PM are you using?
What OS are you running PM on?
What do you mean by "as long I do not shut down PM in a normal way"?

-Kirk

Offline Armin M. Küstenbrück

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 02:04:45 PM »
Hi Kirk,
I'm using PM V5.0 build 15451, on a Windows 7/64 (but I think, it happened also on the last versions before)
The crash happens after round about 1 min after starting PM. If I close PM BEFORE the crash and restart it, the crash usually will not happen again. If I don't close it and the crash happens, the crash will happen 1 min after a restart again (until I close PM in a normal way before the 1 min is over and the crash happens again). It doesn't matter, what I do during this first minute (working, copying, opening folders, doing nothing), it's always the same. Sometimes (not always, I think) it's helpful, to delete the cache folder in Windows Explorer or empty the cache manually in the preferences of PM.
Cheers,
Armin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »
Armin,

I'm using PM V5.0 build 15451, on a Windows 7/64 (but I think, it happened also on the last versions before)
The crash happens after round about 1 min after starting PM. If I close PM BEFORE the crash and restart it, the crash usually will not happen again. If I don't close it and the crash happens, the crash will happen 1 min after a restart again (until I close PM in a normal way before the 1 min is over and the crash happens again). It doesn't matter, what I do during this first minute (working, copying, opening folders, doing nothing), it's always the same. Sometimes (not always, I think) it's helpful, to delete the cache folder in Windows Explorer or empty the cache manually in the preferences of PM.

Can you give me a set of steps to follow that will reproduce the problem?

Thanks,

-Kirk