Author Topic: Colour problem in PM  (Read 1473 times)

Offline matthew lincoln

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Colour problem in PM
« on: June 12, 2014, 03:34:43 AM »
Hi,
I have been having colour problems in PM 4 for a while now and thought that upgrading might sort it out. I am now on PM5 and still have colour issues with previewing RAW and jpgs in the contact sheet and full size.
Basically the images look very flat and desaturated (especially skin tones) when imported into PM from camera. Then once processed to jpegs in LR or Capture one they still look very poor and different to how Lightroom is displaying them prior to processing - photoshop is identical to LR as one would expect. Images processed in Capture one are fine when opened in PS or in mac finder but again flat and desaturated in PM5.

I have tried changing colour profiles in PM to match PS with Adobe RGB but this doesn't seem to effect it either.
I have read through a couple of discussions on here which seem to be about similar problems and uninstalled Spyder software to see if that made a difference. Nothing.

I would be very grateful if someone could shed some light on this.

I've attached a screenshot of the same image displayed in PM and PS;

thanks

Matt

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 06:32:29 AM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Colour problem in PM
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 06:34:00 AM »
Matt,

I have been having colour problems in PM 4 for a while now and thought that upgrading might sort it out. I am now on PM5 and still have colour issues with previewing RAW and jpgs in the contact sheet and full size.
Basically the images look very flat and desaturated (especially skin tones) when imported into PM from camera. Then once processed to jpegs in LR or Capture one they still look very poor and different to how Lightroom is displaying them prior to processing - photoshop is identical to LR as one would expect. Images processed in Capture one are fine when opened in PS or in mac finder but again flat and desaturated in PM5.

I have tried changing colour profiles in PM to match PS with Adobe RGB but this doesn't seem to effect it either.
I have read through a couple of discussions on here which seem to be about similar problems and uninstalled Spyder software to see if that made a difference. Nothing.

I would be very grateful if someone could shed some light on this.

I've attached a screenshot of the same image displayed in PM and PS;

Do you have color management turned on in your Contact Sheet and Preview windows?

-Kirk

Offline matthew lincoln

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Colour problem in PM
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 10:07:52 AM »
Thank you Kirk,

I think that has sorted the problem out. The 'c' toggling seems to make all the difference!

Matt