Author Topic: EXIF data displayed wrong + update "harassment"  (Read 1313 times)

Offline chadstokes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
EXIF data displayed wrong + update "harassment"
« on: August 04, 2014, 12:32:34 PM »
I have two issues I would love to get solved.

1. EXIF data in contact sheet/zoomed mode is displayed weird. The aperture, shutter and ISO values are wrong. This happens inconsistently, with files from different cards, different cameras. Is this a known issue? In the attached screenshot you can see the weird values, where they should read Aperture 3,5 and shutter 350.

2. Every time I open PM, I get a message saying that there is an update available. I do not wish to update, and would like this to not pop up every time I open PM. Can not find any function in preferences that regards this.

Offline Bob

• View Profile
Re: EXIF data displayed wrong + update "harassment"
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 02:35:54 PM »
your camera is shooting on Auto exposure, and I think the actual AE values that are being used are as displayed in PM...
And the auto update can be turned off in Menus: Help: software Update.. uncheck "Check for Updates"

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: EXIF data displayed wrong + update "harassment"
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 11:27:32 PM »
Hi Bob,

The values you are seeing for the shutter and aperture are the so called apex values. There were a couple of versions of PM 5 where those values where shown instead of the “normal” values. This has since been changed. You say you don't want to upgrade, but this would very likely be the solution to your problem.

Hope this helps,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl