Author Topic: Just upgraded to 5 and IPTC field is smaller? Help  (Read 1481 times)

Offline pwgphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Just upgraded to 5 and IPTC field is smaller? Help
« on: November 11, 2014, 08:10:19 PM »
Hello, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded from PM4.5.4 to the newest version of PM5. I did it mostly to see what was new with PM5 and now I am a bit nervous that I should have tried it before paying for the upgrade. I am sure the new version is awesome, but I am creature of habbit and used to my workflow with the old version. One thing right of the bat that made me worry is that the IPTC Caption box is not as wide as it used to be. In my old version I could fit 62 characters across a line of text and it is only 48 in PM5. I can resize the whole box, but it only makes the image preview larger. Is there anyway to make the IPTC Caption box wider, like in the earlier version I was using?

I am sure there are a lot of great features in the new version and look forward to discovering them.

Thanks
Paul

I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
Paul W. Gillespie
Photographer
The Capital Newspaper
Annapolis, MD

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Just upgraded to 5 and IPTC field is smaller? Help
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 09:12:06 PM »
Paul,

Hello, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded from PM4.5.4 to the newest version of PM5. I did it mostly to see what was new with PM5 and now I am a bit nervous that I should have tried it before paying for the upgrade. I am sure the new version is awesome, but I am creature of habbit and used to my workflow with the old version. One thing right of the bat that made me worry is that the IPTC Caption box is not as wide as it used to be. In my old version I could fit 62 characters across a line of text and it is only 48 in PM5. I can resize the whole box, but it only makes the image preview larger. Is there anyway to make the IPTC Caption box wider, like in the earlier version I was using?

I am sure there are a lot of great features in the new version and look forward to discovering them.

There is no way to resize the width of the text fields.  You can change the font size though.  And if you want, you can use the "Classic" versions of the IPTC dialogs which have (as much as possible) the old layouts you're used to.

All of this is controlled on the Accessibility section of the Preferences dialog.

HTH,

-Kirk