Author Topic: Photo Mechanic icon "bounces" in task bar, but program doesn't load  (Read 2180 times)

Offline riecks

• Beta Testers
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
This morning, I was unable to get Photo Mechanic to launch on my mac, running OSX 10.8.5 (mountain lion).  The icon just bounces up and down for several minutes and then stops but no program, and no contact sheet appear.  If I "tab" through the open programs it appears to be running, but I can't get to anything I can use.  I tried downloading and installing the most recent version (I saw a reminder a few days ago so figured that couldn't hurt).  However when I first tried to replace, I got a warning that the program was in use.  "Right clicking" on the icon, I chose "Force Quit" and then was able to install the new version.

However, afterwards, I still could not get the new version (R16438) to launch.  I've already rebooted... no luck even with that.

What would you suggest as the next steps?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photo Mechanic icon "bounces" in task bar, but program doesn't load
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 01:27:46 PM »
David,

This morning, I was unable to get Photo Mechanic to launch on my mac, running OSX 10.8.5 (mountain lion).  The icon just bounces up and down for several minutes and then stops but no program, and no contact sheet appear.  If I "tab" through the open programs it appears to be running, but I can't get to anything I can use.  I tried downloading and installing the most recent version (I saw a reminder a few days ago so figured that couldn't hurt).  However when I first tried to replace, I got a warning that the program was in use.  "Right clicking" on the icon, I chose "Force Quit" and then was able to install the new version.

However, afterwards, I still could not get the new version (R16438) to launch.  I've already rebooted... no luck even with that.

What would you suggest as the next steps?

Troubleshooting here would take too long.  I suggest calling our Technical Support team at +1 503.547.2888

-Kirk