Author Topic: Automatically preserve file date/time after PM modifications.  (Read 2292 times)

Offline sabink

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Automatically preserve file date/time after PM modifications.
« on: August 20, 2017, 12:41:30 AM »
Hello,

is it possible to implement a function to tell PM to update file date to capture date after every modification PM makes to files.

Also can I set PM so that it never modifies DNG files. At the moment it writes color class info in them modifying their date/time.

PM 5.0 (18729) Windows 10 x64 (1703)

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Automatically preserve file date/time after PM modifications.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 04:05:08 PM »
is it possible to implement a function to tell PM to update file date to capture date after every modification PM makes to files.

No.  And I doubt it is a feature we would ever add.  Why do you want the capture date to change from the time/date you pressed the shutter button each time you make an edit?

Also can I set PM so that it never modifies DNG files. At the moment it writes color class info in them modifying their date/time.

No.  DNG files store metadata (XMP) directly inside the file and the format does not call for XMP sidecar files.

-Kirk

Offline sabink

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Automatically preserve file date/time after PM modifications.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:27:49 AM »
Thank you for the answer Kurk!

Maybe you do not understand me correctly about the date/time. Sorry for my bad english. I will try to explain in more detail.

I want file system date/time to be preserved when I rate my photos. At the moment after I rate my photos I go to Tools>Adjust Capture Dates and Times using zero values, so that the function will not modify the date/time the photo is taken, only using the Update file creation date/time and Update file modification date/time.

I do this to recover the original file date/time, before I made the modification when I rated the photos, so that when I look at the photos later I can see the capture time as it is equal to file creation/modification time. You have this function in the software, I 'll be very grateful if you add a setting to be applied every time I rate a photo to the modified file. 

thanks,
Sabin