Author Topic: Image location in Catalogue  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Snapper Simon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Image location in Catalogue
« on: July 07, 2021, 07:00:49 AM »
I have just upgraded to PM6 Plus.

So far, it seems wonderful apart from one issue, which will no doubt go down as user error!  ;D

I have watched quite a few tutorials on Youtube but my issue does not seem to be covered.

Where can I find the location of the file?

I have a dozen or so images that shouldn't be in the catalogue.  I want to find their folder to establish why they are in the catalogue.  What folder have I scanned to include them?

I have searched the tabs and right clicked on the image but nothing.  The nearest I have come is right click and 'Reveal in Finder' but that only takes me to a folder, with no idea where it is.

Help needed please.  :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 07:25:42 AM by Snapper Simon »

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Image location in Catalogue
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 10:23:12 AM »
Where can I find the location of the file?

From within the Finder you can command click on the folder name at the top and it will show you the path to the folder. You can also right-click a file from inside the Finder and select Get Info.

In a Photo Mechanic Plus Contact Sheet you can right-click on an image and choose Reveal in context to open a folder based tab, then right-click on the tab itself and select Reveal in Navigator. You can also add the {path} variable to the Set Info Text dialog (menu: Edit > Settings > Set Info Text) and the path will be shown when you right-click on a thumbnail and hover over Image Info, as well as in the Preview window.

-Jerry

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 10:26:03 AM »
Jerry replied while I was typing out my reply, but here's some additional info:

Clicking on an image on any contact sheet will display its path in the bar at the bottom of the Photo Mechanic window.

Finder also provides a number of ways to navigate or see where you are. In Finder's 'View' menu you can click show path bar to see the full path to the current folder in the window, or you can hit Command+Up on your keyboard to bring you one folder level up from where the current window is.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 02:52:01 PM »
You can also use {folderpath}

Note: This info will help when working with images that are on an external drive. Even when that drive is disconnected, you can tell which drive it is on by looking at that folderpath variable.

-Mick
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 11:05:05 AM by MickO »
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Snapper Simon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 10:12:36 AM »
That's great, thank you all.

Easy when you know how!  ;D

Have to say I'm getting to love PM6 plus, well worth the investment.  Had a few hiccups, missing images, putting two catalogues into one all the normal rookie errors!

Thanks again.
Simon.