Author Topic: Move photos from one catalog to another catalog?  (Read 938 times)

Offline AnnieP

• View Profile
Move photos from one catalog to another catalog?
« on: April 03, 2022, 10:45:03 AM »
Is it possible to move photos that are in one catalog into another catalog?

I know I can remove them from the one catalog and then rescan into the other, but it's a fairly large number of images and I thought it might be faster to just move them?

I saw instruction for moving catalogs, but I just want to move some photos from one catalog to another.

Thanks for any input.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Move photos from one catalog to another catalog?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 03:28:46 PM »
Annie,

Is it possible to move photos that are in one catalog into another catalog?

No.

I know I can remove them from the one catalog and then rescan into the other, but it's a fairly large number of images and I thought it might be faster to just move them?

There is no such facility in Photo Mechanic Plus, nor would there be much speed benefit in that type of feature.

-Kirk

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 03:49:10 PM »
There is not really a specific "move between catalogs" function, but let's say you wanted to move from Catalog A to Catalog B. You could check the "Search" box for Catalog A, and the "Add/Modify" checkbox for Catalog B. You could then find the images that you want to move, select them and choose "Include in Catalog" from the catalog menu, once they have been included, you can uncheck the "Add/Modify" box from Catalog B, and check it for Catalog A, and you can then choose "Remove Items from Catalog" and they would be removed from Catalog A.

Offline AnnieP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 06:05:58 PM »
Thank you. I'm trying so hard to get things in the right catalogs, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. A nice workaround.