Author Topic: After Ventura PM latest Version is extreamly slow  (Read 14116 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: After Ventura PM latest Version is extreamly slow
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2022, 08:06:22 AM »
So, are we good now with the speed issue on redrawing etc....?

Were you experiencing the speed issue?  If so, did you try the new build to see if it resolves the problem for you?

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2022, 08:12:11 AM »
With the speed issue all is OK but there is a very annoying bug when using 6692 build : when I use the crop tool I can't tag the picture with a click in the right hand corner. There is two workaround : the first is to double-click the crop tool, then the tag click works, the second is to use the command+ shortcut, its working also. I hope this annoying bug will be resolved shortly !!!!!!!!

I posted back when 6692 was released and this was the response from Andrew

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=15390.0

It would be possible to have the soft-edits (tag/rating/color class/play sound) work while cropping, but it would be harder/impossible to crop/rotate if you're making a nearly full-crop and the crop areas (squares/edges) are overlaying the soft-edit widgets.

I suppose it could be a preference.  Soft-edits work, but cropping can be difficult at times.  Or crop manipulation always works but soft-edits aren't possible.  A third method would be to allow the soft-edits to work when no crop area is near them.

The use of 'layer backed/hosting views' has complicated the implementation, but has brought about great efficiency.  Tradeoffs.

-Kirk

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2022, 10:32:41 AM »
Thanks Kirk and Rguzmanphoto for the explanations. I think I can use the T shortcut I never used before to replace the click to tag.......I will try to get used to it !!!!!!!!!!

Offline schlotz

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2023, 06:47:45 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I've been following the thread and was just wanting to hear if the latest version, supplied via this thread, has in fact resolved the speed issues others were having. It appears it has from a few posts but I've held off updating as a precaution. If the answer is yes, then will proceed with the update.

Thanks,
Matt

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2023, 07:57:10 AM »
Matt,

I've been following the thread and was just wanting to hear if the latest version, supplied via this thread, has in fact resolved the speed issues others were having. It appears it has from a few posts but I've held off updating as a precaution. If the answer is yes, then will proceed with the update.

In our testing, the new build is faster than the old build, even on unaffected systems.  But it's not an official build and has not been subjected to our usual rigorous testing.  You may as well wait for the official build if the current build is not causing you too much trouble.

-Kirk

Offline schlotz

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2023, 10:19:39 AM »
Understood.  Thanks for getting back to me Kirk!

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2023, 10:02:21 AM »
I just noticed another strange bug with the last build. When opening a contact sheet, some pix appearing mirrored horizontally without any gesture or shortcut click...........

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2023, 10:03:59 AM »
Anither exemple of the same behavior

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2023, 10:05:14 AM »
I just noticed another strange bug with the last build. When opening a contact sheet, some pix appearing mirrored horizontally without any gesture or shortcut click...........

What is a gesture or shortcut click?

-Kirk

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2023, 11:17:07 AM »
I was just saying that working on a contact sheet I suddenly noticed some mirrored horizontally pictures without having done any move to obtain that !!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2023, 03:40:20 PM »
I was just saying that working on a contact sheet I suddenly noticed some mirrored horizontally pictures without having done any move to obtain that !!!

And if you view the same set of images with the release build (6645) the horizontal mirroring problem goes away?

-Kirk

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2023, 11:07:19 PM »
Sorry Kirk, I didn't test with the release build 6645 as I have not keep it on my computer.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2023, 09:55:39 AM »
Sorry Kirk, I didn't test with the release build 6645 as I have not keep it on my computer.

Please download build 6645 from the following page: https://home.camerabits.com/downloads/

You can install both builds in your Applications folder and then choose which one to launch so that you can test this. I haven't seen anyone else report this issue.

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2023, 12:09:24 PM »
For the moment as I am in the middle of a big jog of captioning and archiving important pictures, I dont want to mix two builds so I am gonna stay with the last one. It's quite possible as I didn't find another problem that the mirroring was due, not to the new build but clicking a wrong shortcut. Is there a letter shortcutting this mirroring ???????????????? I may have pushed it accidentally while editing contact-sheets.

Offline photoboy96

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2023, 09:17:50 AM »
Good morning all,
I finally had the chance to download and install build 6692. Opening a contact sheet and scrolling through previews are blazing fast. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
(16 MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Max, 64GB, Ventura 13.0.1)