Author Topic: User Interface - contrast of scroll bar  (Read 535 times)

Offline Skids

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
User Interface - contrast of scroll bar
« on: May 21, 2023, 10:26:41 PM »
Hi,

Is there any way of increasing the contrast and or the width of the vertical scroll bar that controls the scroll of the file navigator?  I ask because I struggle to find it as the background is graduated grey and the foreground is also grey.  I realise that the colours may be controlled by Mac OS which, in my opinion, has been an issue ever since the update from Snow Leopard to Lion.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: User Interface - contrast of scroll bar
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 09:18:33 AM »
Is there any way of increasing the contrast and or the width of the vertical scroll bar that controls the scroll of the file navigator?

No, there is no provision for adjusting the contrast or width of the scrollbars in Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline icurate

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 05:45:06 PM »
This is a modern UX issue and not OS dependent. Designers have gone a little bit too far toward minimalism in interfaces over the last few years, in my opinion. I see this in photo software on Windows and Linux , as well as Mac. It's probably nice for 20-year-old eyes, but I struggle with it often as the owner of eyes that are over 60.

Offline Skids

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 02:18:17 AM »
<Old git grumpy mode on>
Thanks for your support.  As I have aged, I'm now 62, my eyesight has deteriorated going from 20:20 to now requiring varifocals.  I now also loath black items as they just get lost.  I also can't see the point of iOS and its finger painting interface (dons hard hat and runs for the bunker) and yes I'm now of an age where I'm grumpy! frankly it appears to be expected ! ;-)

It used to be the case that Apple gave you choices but now I have to suffer dark grey on black along with thin scroll bars because I am suppose to use gestures.  Well I have a gesture in mind, it uses two fingers and use to be called a "Harvey Smith".

So pretty please may I have an interface where I can see the controls which are also large enough to select on the first attempt when using my Wacom drawing tablet. 
</Old git grumpy mode on>

best wishes

Simon