Author Topic: Text entry bug?  (Read 277 times)

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
Text entry bug?
« on: November 24, 2023, 04:10:50 AM »
Good morning

I'm still hoping for some help with my "Moving to a new Mac" post from a couple of days back but, in the meantime, there's an odd behaviour entering the variable {fbas} into some fields in the metadata panel where an extra set of curly brackets is added a fraction of a second after the last bracket is typed or after pasting the complete expression. Cmd-z removes the extra brackets. This doesn't happen with typing or pasting {filename}.

I've attached a screenshot of the Image Rights panel. You'll see that 5 of the fields have double brackets but 3 have single brackets but the same text was pasted into each. I see similar behaviour in most of the other panels.

Mac Studio Max OS 14.1.1
Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 6890 (ffcbb4c)

Perhaps some autocorrect operation on my Mac is behind this but as it only happens in some PM+ fields & not in any other app that I've so far tried PM+ seems to be a more likely cause.

David Hoffman

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Text entry bug?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 12:35:30 PM »
I'm not able to reproduce this issue on my computer after updating to 14.1.1 and setting Photo Mechanic's preferences to all defaults and have had no other reports of similar problems and do not know of a setting that would cause this behavior. I would recommend transferring your preferences from your previous computer, as that will ensure that Photo Mechanic's preferences are the same as on your previous computer (which I can only assume does not have this issue).

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
Re: Text entry bug?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 01:37:03 AM »
I'm not able to reproduce this issue on my computer after updating to 14.1.1 and setting Photo Mechanic's preferences to all defaults and have had no other reports of similar problems and do not know of a setting that would cause this behavior. I would recommend transferring your preferences from your previous computer, as that will ensure that Photo Mechanic's preferences are the same as on your previous computer (which I can only assume does not have this issue).

This doesn't happen in PM+ (V6 build 6880 (6fb7605) on the old Mac or, as far as I have found, in any other apps on either machine so I'm not surprised that you couldn't reproduce the problem. I imported the old prefs but that's made no difference. As well as in the metadata & metadata template tabs this also happens in the renaming dialog

It's only a minor annoyance, just a CMD-Z after the entry. I'd like to fix it but it's low on my list of current PM+ problems.

David