Author Topic: PM 6 crashing  (Read 1700 times)

Offline wydeload

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 6 crashing
« on: December 02, 2023, 11:48:58 AM »
My mac just updated to the latest IOS this morning and now PM just freezes and stops responding when I click on any folders on the left menu to go into.  I have reinstalled and even removed the preferences file but still no luck. 

ANyone else having this issue?

Offline Jay Town

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM 6 crashing
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 03:30:29 AM »
Yes, I am having the same issue. As a workaround I have  Browse with Photo Mechanic enabled so I can just right click on the folder with the images, go down to Services and then Browse with Photo Mechanic and it opens up as a new proofsheet.  I had just installed the new Mac OS Beta, I think that was the problem. I have deleted and reinstalled an older version of Photo Mechanic with the same result.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 04:20:24 PM by Jay Town »

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2023, 06:34:09 AM »
I also have the same problem. I'm on a Mac with Sonoma 14.2.PM is crashing when I try opening a folder. Going to use my Intel one........

Offline wydeload

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2023, 07:53:07 AM »
I am attaching my crash report from mac.

Offline wydeload

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2023, 07:54:36 AM »
Yes, I am having the same issue. As a workaround I have a Browse with PhotoMechanic enabled so I can just nd brose with PM and it opens up as a new proofsheet.  I had just installed the new Mac OS Beta, I think that was the problem.

Mine is the new beta as well. Sonoma 14.2

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2023, 11:15:13 AM »
What is strange is that PM 6 works and dont crash if I dont try to open a folder in the left side menu. I can open pictures and the image or tools menu. I didnt try yet sending via FTP.
In my short test, crashing of PM occurs only when trying to open folders on the left menu !!!

Offline jgrove

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2023, 05:03:20 AM »
My mac just updated to the latest IOS this morning and now PM just freezes and stops responding when I click on any folders on the left menu to go into.  I have reinstalled and even removed the preferences file but still no luck. 

ANyone else having this issue?

Yep it's either a bug in OS 14.2 or a change that needs an update to PM, either way I can't use PM at the moment. :-(

Its worth noting that some GUI bugs also exist in Capture One with 14.2 as well so I think Apple has updated something or introduced a bug.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2023, 09:07:31 AM »
So just to clarify, everyone in this thread having this problem is running a Beta version of MacOS, right?

Offline jgrove

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2023, 09:14:09 AM »
So just to clarify, everyone in this thread having this problem is running a Beta version of MacOS, right?

That's what it seems 14.2 Beta (23C5055b) I have also seem GUI problems in Capture One, not sure if its linked, but could be an Apple issue rather than a PM one, if you want log files to trouble shoot let me know.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2023, 11:46:45 AM »
We've reproduced the crash and it is happening in the scrollview code in the SDK. Apple will need to fix this bug. We recommend not using Beta operating systems for production work.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 12:22:18 PM by ahoward »

Offline Jay Town

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2023, 02:26:00 AM »
Is anyone from Camera Bits contacting Apple?

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2023, 09:52:39 AM »
I contacted Apple yesterday with the steps to recreate the problem, using the Feedback Assistant utility.

Best regards,

--Bob

Offline jgrove

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2023, 11:11:11 AM »
I contacted Apple yesterday with the steps to recreate the problem, using the Feedback Assistant utility.

Best regards,

--Bob

Fixed in 14.2 RC

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2023, 12:15:20 AM »
I also confirm that Sonoma 14.2 23C63 has fixed the bug and PM6 is back to full working !!!!!!!!!

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2023, 01:49:33 AM »
BAD NEWS : the bug is back in Sonoma 14.3 Beta 1. Exactly the same behavior before the last fix. Please contact Apple to fix this strange bug in Beta 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!