Author Topic: FTP transfer gets stuck.  (Read 4513 times)

Offline Sallinen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP transfer gets stuck.
« on: November 06, 2007, 12:06:24 PM »
I have rebooted computer and router, called my agency's technical support to confirm that their FTP is working ok, phoned my ISP and still - Photo Mechanic's FTP transfer get's stuck after the file has been transferred and it should move to next one in queue:

"File sent, waiting for remote acknowledgement..."

FTP transfer worked okay about 7 hours ago, so Im quite amazed what it can be.
With Cyberduck I managed to transfer the files.

Some nasty bug? Is there some Photo Mechanic Prefs file I should delete and see if it would fix it?

My OS version is Mac OS X 1.4.10
Photo Mechanic version is 4.5.2

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP transfer gets stuck.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 02:10:57 PM »
I have rebooted computer and router, called my agency's technical support to confirm that their FTP is working ok, phoned my ISP and still - Photo Mechanic's FTP transfer get's stuck after the file has been transferred and it should move to next one in queue:

"File sent, waiting for remote acknowledgement..."

FTP transfer worked okay about 7 hours ago, so Im quite amazed what it can be.
With Cyberduck I managed to transfer the files.

Some nasty bug? Is there some Photo Mechanic Prefs file I should delete and see if it would fix it?

My OS version is Mac OS X 1.4.10
Photo Mechanic version is 4.5.2

It sounds like the server is not sending an acknowledgment that the transfer was complete.  Can you send us your PM.log file?  Contact me privately for the location of the PM.log file and an email address to send the file to.  Just click on my name to the left of this message and then send me a "personal message."

-Kirk

Offline Sallinen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 02:05:24 AM »
It sounds like the server is not sending an acknowledgment that the transfer was complete.  Can you send us your PM.log file?  Contact me privately for the location of the PM.log file and an email address to send the file to.  Just click on my name to the left of this message and then send me a "personal message."

-Kirk

It seems that it's some really weird problem with my ISP, I tried two another ISP's connections and everything went ok, so I'll try contacting my ISP's technical helldesk.

Offline Sallinen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 05:01:37 AM »
Now Ive been able to try it on three different ISP's, so it's problem with my own ISP.

Offline Sallinen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 03:15:33 PM »
Haha, just like I guessed - My ISP "investigated" FTP issue and said "it's not the problem with our system", yeah.. how come it works with three different ISP's then. Oh well, who knows :) I guess it's not issue with PM.