Author Topic: NEF ratings  (Read 3071 times)

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
NEF ratings
« on: March 08, 2009, 11:17:30 AM »
I've lost the plot again with rating my NEFs.  I had a whole bunch of NEFs where the ratings haven't "stuck" consistently.  I know for certain I applied certain ratings to certain NEFs, but those ratings are no longer showing.  Some NEFs do still have the ratings applied, though.

Is it the case that when I move from 4.5 to 4.6 my settings don't move with me?

In any case, please can you remind me of the recommended settings for NEFs (I have looked at the pdf PM manual, but I'm not sure that is up to date with the latest PM and with the latest developments in the NEF format, and with NX2).

Thanks,

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: NEF ratings
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 11:40:51 AM »
Mike,

I've lost the plot again with rating my NEFs.  I had a whole bunch of NEFs where the ratings haven't "stuck" consistently.  I know for certain I applied certain ratings to certain NEFs, but those ratings are no longer showing.  Some NEFs do still have the ratings applied, though.

Is it the case that when I move from 4.5 to 4.6 my settings don't move with me?

In any case, please can you remind me of the recommended settings for NEFs (I have looked at the pdf PM manual, but I'm not sure that is up to date with the latest PM and with the latest developments in the NEF format, and with NX2).

This is likely the known bug in 4.6 that will be addressed in the 4.6.1 update.  You shouldn't need to change your settings and yes the data should all still be there.  What OS are you using on your computer?

-Kirk

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 12:15:26 PM »
Thanks for the quick update Kirk.  Better it's a known bug than me just going mad.  I'm on Vista Ultimate.  Any ETA for 4.6.1?

Thanks,

Mike

Offline greyhoundx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 09:27:14 PM »
I just encountered the same issue. 292 NEFs rated by PM, then edited in NX 2. PM can no longer change star ratings or color class. After editing I spent quite a while reviewing and giving final ratings. Nothing changed. Checked settings, rebooted, tried a few approaches to see what I was doing wrong. PM 4.5.x worked fine. I have PM IPTC/XMP Preferences setup the same way in 4.6. In the General tab I have Sync with Urgency field checked. Windows XP MCE 2005 w/ SP3. Capture NX 2.11

Now I'm stuck with either re-installing PM 4.5.4 or using Capture NX 2's weak browser. View NX has a bug - kills my CPU (Quad Core!) not an option. Guess I'm not finishing this job tonight.

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 11:45:05 PM »
From a quick play with 4.6.1 beta, this appears to be fixed.

Mike