Author Topic: Sorting, Renaming, Re-Ordering Photos  (Read 4721 times)

Offline dgreenphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sorting, Renaming, Re-Ordering Photos
« on: July 24, 2006, 12:37:10 PM »
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to re-order clips, through dragging and dropping, so that photos can be put into a specific order. I am doing this so I can put my photos in a custom for printing contact sheets and eventually for making PDFs from these contact sheets. Many of the photos I have are not named sequentially, so they do not print sequentially....

Hopefully, I won't need to rename my photos to do this, but I am willing to do so if necessary.

Thanks for your help!

David

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
Re: Sorting, Renaming, Re-Ordering Photos
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 01:25:25 PM »
Right now, there is no way to manually sort the photos. You could possibily rename them (in several steps), maybe just adding a few digits to the beginning of the exisiting filename.  I've done this in the past to get images to sort the way I like them to...

Kirk will probably chime in with the status of a manual sort (drag/drop I think)...

Delane
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sorting, Renaming, Re-Ordering Photos
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 01:54:25 PM »
David,

I'm wondering if there is a way to re-order clips, through dragging and dropping, so that photos can be put into a specific order. I am doing this so I can put my photos in a custom for printing contact sheets and eventually for making PDFs from these contact sheets. Many of the photos I have are not named sequentially, so they do not print sequentially....

Hopefully, I won't need to rename my photos to do this, but I am willing to do so if necessary.

Custom reordering is coming in version 4.5.

-Kirk