Author Topic: problem with burning dvd's  (Read 11468 times)

Offline Pixturethis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
problem with burning dvd's
« on: November 07, 2006, 10:07:23 AM »
macbook pro os 10.4.8 PM 4.4.3.3
I'm burning dvd folders.
I start with one folder & burn it. then move to the next folder to burn & it doesn't see the new disk in the superdrive. I have to restart PM for it to see the disk? Is Is it something I'm doing?
Thanks
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: problem with burning dvd's
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 10:24:48 AM »
Marc,

macbook pro os 10.4.8 PM 4.4.3.3
I'm burning dvd folders.
I start with one folder & burn it. then move to the next folder to burn & it doesn't see the new disk in the superdrive. I have to restart PM for it to see the disk? Is Is it something I'm doing?

Do you get to the part where it is waiting for the disc, but once you put the disc in, it never recognizes the disc?

Please explain which dialogs you see throughout this process.  Post screenshots if that explains things easier.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Pixturethis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 02:00:07 PM »
yes that is what happens. i get the box that is waiting for the disk. if eject the disk & insert it again it still won't see it. the only thing i can do is close pm & restart it.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 05:31:55 PM »
yes that is what happens. i get the box that is waiting for the disk. if eject the disk & insert it again it still won't see it. the only thing i can do is close pm & restart it.

That's really odd.  I'll report it to Apple.

-Kirk

Offline Pixturethis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 07:34:48 PM »
can you get it do do the same thing? I have toast installed & it always wants to be running when a blank disk is installed. If i close down toast it will spit out the blank disk.  I do have to say that i've had less coasters made with PM than toast.  Toast seem to be a great coaster makeing program!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 08:09:02 PM »
can you get it do do the same thing? I have toast installed & it always wants to be running when a blank disk is installed. If i close down toast it will spit out the blank disk.  I do have to say that i've had less coasters made with PM than toast.  Toast seem to be a great coaster makeing program!

I'll try to reproduce, but I don't have Toast.  (Well I do, but my version hasn't been upgraded for several years.)

Let me get this right: what I need to do is burn a single CD, and then open a different contact sheet and try to burn another single disc.  Is that correct?

Can you configure Toast to not interfere when a disc is inserted?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Pixturethis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 02:24:18 PM »
yes you have it correct. I haven't found away to configure toast to not interfere.
Thanks for the help

Offline Pixturethis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 11:39:20 AM »
hey Kirk I found the problem!
It toast... I uninstalled it & know PM works.  When i put a new blank dvd in it starts the burning window & burns the next disk.
Thanks for help.
Talk to you later.

Offline humnicky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 03:36:16 PM »
It is in the DVD/CD Preferences on the Mac. Select "Open in Finder" when you want to burn in PM. When you want to burn with Toast, just reset the preference.

-Phil
Phil Humnicky
Univ Photographer-Georgetown Univ
Nikon D2X
MacPro Tower
15" MacBook Pro 2.53 Core 2 Duo

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »
I have my CD/DVD System Preferences pane set to "ignore" for when I insert blank discs.  This way nothing happens when I put the disc in, and any application can use them with out any other app interfering.